Monday 13 October 2014

Royal Deeside Run



Yesterday I had a very early start to enable me to make the 50 mile journey up to Stirling so that I could meet up with some friends for a run to Braemar and a spot of lunch.

pitstop at Spittal of Glenshee
Once the morning fog cleared and it warmed up a bit it turned out to be a great day for a rideout. Bright, dry and only a bit chilly. 


The run itself turned out to be a bit more brisk that I was expecting, but then again, I’d never been for a run with a bunch of ex-policemen before! No harm done, though.


I can’t say that I’d ever been to Braemar in Aberdeenshire before, but it seemed to be very popular with motorcyclists and the food at The Bothy Tearoom was excellent, if a bit pricey.


In the end it was a really enjoyable day out and, as the weather has definitely begun to turn more wintery, it will probably be the last on the bike for a wee while.


No comments:

Post a Comment