Sunday 5 July 2015

Springbank


On a recent holiday I came across the Springbank distillery in Campbeltown. I think I’d driven past it a couple of times already before I spotted this small sign on the wall of a fairly narrow alley.



A wee bit of investigation, and it turned out that the white building you can see on the right at the end of the lane is the actual distillery. 


  
And next door was the whisky bond and bonded warehouses.



Up a lane in the centre of a town was not what I was expecting. It’s all very low key.


Unfortunately, as it was Sunday, the place was closed, otherwise I would have been tempted to take a look around further and I might even have been persuaded to purchase a bottle or two.


Anyway, this is what all of the fuss is about. Lovely stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment