Wednesday 15 March 2017

Himalaya Shimalaya


Well, Royal Enfield’s new Himalayan turned out to be a bit of a disappointment up close at the recent Scottish Motorcycle Show.


At first glance it certainly looked impressive on the local dealer's stand. It is a full size ‘adventure’ motorcycle, complete with funky aluminium panniers, tank mounted water carrier and a tote bag. However, at 411cc and 24.5 bhp it looks like it would struggle to pull the skin off a rice pudding.


What was it like for size? I don’t know. They wouldn’t let you touch it much less sit on it as it was apparently the only one in the country and it wasn’t theirs.

Price? They don’t know yet. It depends.

What about a test-ride? Yes, one can be arranged, sometime in June, which will be when they get their one in. 

I think that I'll give this one a miss for now.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't realise it would have such a small capacity. That will all the "stuff" on it is bound to make it a bit wheezy! In saying that, a lot of the these "adventure bikes" ate too big and heavy when they hit the hard terrain, you just have to watch the McGregor Shows to realise that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A smaller capacity bike makes sense in certain environments, I agree. If I really wanted something like that I think that I'd go for Honda's CB500X. I don't really see what market they are after here.

      Delete