Sunday 13 May 2018

Tighnabruaich

Right. First camping trip of the year. Finally tracked down all my kit, loaded up the bike and set off.

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside
Fairly straightforward run over to the west coast, where I caught the ferry over to Dunoon. On the ferry I noticed a couple pointing at the pannier on my bike and smiling.

On the ferry
When they saw I’d seen them the woman indicated the MZ sticker and explained in halting English that her husband used to work at the factory at Zschopau (in the former DDR). He was glad to see people were still interested in the bikes he used to make. It’s a smaller world at times than we realise.


The remainder of the ride was along the coast and through some spectacular scenery before arriving at the Tighnabruaich Hotel right on the coast.
Overlooking the Kyles of Bute
As is the norm at these events there is a good mix of old and new bikes, and as always, a chance to catch up with people you've not seen for a while.


A couple of nice old classics turned up, one British the other Japanese, as well as a bunch of the aforementioned MZs from (East) Germany.






(At MZ Scottish Rally)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment