Saturday 17 March 2012

Simple Landmarks 2012

Not to outdone by Mr. Bridge Club I decided to have a stab at completing my own Landmarks Challenge this morning.

I especially wanted to see how easy it would be to complete the Challenge without travelling too far from home, so all of these photos were taken within a 20 mile radius of my house and the whole thing took only about 3 hours from start to finish. 

#01 Castle: Dirleton Castle, East Lothian
 As you can see I decided to use my MZ Skorpion Trail for the job.

#02 Telephone Box: Cockenzie, East Lothian
#03 Mailbox: Joppa, East Lothian
#04 Flag Flying: Saltire Centre, Athelstaneford, East Lothian
#05 Animal: Trotting in the field behind my house, East Lothian
#06 Bridge: Roman Bridge, Musselburgh, East Lothian
#07 Body of Water: Firth of Forth, East Lothian
#08 Religious Building: Parish Kirk, Athelstaneford, East Lothian
#09 Barbershop: Bluto & Olive's, Portobello, East Lothian
#10 Scrapyard: Port of Leith, Edinburgh
#11 Railway Station: Drem (An Druim) Station, East Lothian
#12 Sports Stadium: Leith Athletic FC, Leith Links, Edinburgh
#13 Boat: Fisherrow Harbour, Musselburgh, East Lothian
#14 Grafitti: Seafield, Edinburgh
#15 Statue: Battle of Prestonpans Cairn, Prestonpans, East Lothian
#16 Rust: skip, Joppa, East Lothian
#18 Petrol Pump: abandoned site in Longniddry, East Lothian
#19 Roadsign: East Linton, East Lothian
#20 Memorial: William Henry Miller Memorial, Craigentinny, Edinburgh
Like Mr. Bridge Club I was also unable to get a photo of #17 Rain as the weather gods were unwilling to help me out. The day was dry, bright and a little chilly. As near perfect motorcycling weather as makes no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment