Monday 9 December 2013

Power On



A parcel arrived for me from Germany this morning (an early Xmas present to myself).

adaptor and Denso alternator
It contained a beautifully made German adapter machined to accept a Denso alternator from a Kawaski GPZ/Ninja, and designed to bolt straight onto my Dnepr MT11 with some minor modification to the existing wiring.

adaptor
I needed a new alternator as part of the planned electrical upgrade for the bike, but the standard Russian-made G424 alternator has a reputation of being rather hit-or-miss. It either works or it doesn’t, and buying a new one from the factory doesn’t always guarantee you one of the ones that work.

old & new side by side
As I was spending the money anyway, I decided to spend a little extra and get something a bit more predictable. The upside is that Kawasaki alternators are rather more readily available than standard ones should I need more parts in the future.  

Now all I have to do is start nailing some of this stuff together in the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment