Sunday 9 February 2014

Boxing Clever



Don't know who thought these might be fragile
A while ago I bought some pannier rails and couldn’t resist these when I saw them advertised. As you can see they are military surplus ammunition boxes, these ones apparently used to hold mortar shells, and should bolt straight on to the rails without too much difficulty. Once again, these were relatively inexpensive.

ammunition boxes, labelled
packing to hold the ammunition
I think that they will fit right in with the faux military look that I’ve decided on for this bike. They will need sanding down and re-painting, but once that's done I will have some seriously sturdy 30 litre panniers that are solid enough to double up and use as seats once I get where I’m going.
 
NATO issue
spacious, about 30L capacity
rubber seal makes them watertight

No comments:

Post a Comment