Tuesday 29 March 2022

Blowing Off The Cobwebs

After a winter of inactivity, I decided that I wanted both of my big bikes on the road this year.

 

First up was the Triumph Speedmaster. This was simplicity itself. Gave it a bit of a once over, blew up the tyres, freed of the brakes which were binding a bit, and toddled off to see about an MOT (annual inspection ticket).

Passed with no problem, much to my relief.


The Aprilia Caponord needed a bit more than that as it hasn’t been on the road for a few years now. Intermittent problems with the hydraulic clutch saw it overlooked in favour of the Triumph.

Time to sort that out.

Same as the Triumph, blew up the tyres, and freed of the brakes. However, this one needed a full service before it can be used, and I needed to address the niggling problem with the clutch. 

Easiest option was just to fit completely new clutch plates and some heavy-duty springs, which I’m hoping should stop the hassles I was having. This was relatively straightforward and required an oil and filter change as well. 

A bit annoyed that the brake and clutch fluid didn't arrive when it was supposed to, so doing that is on hold right now. Although, as they seem to be working well enough, I may actually leave off doing that for a bit.

I have had to order up a new battery as the present one isn't holding a charge. On checking the paperwork, it was fitted in 2016 and has spent the last two years on a trickle-charger, so I guess I can't complain.

So, one down, one still to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment