Friday 9 December 2011

Aftermath

Despite the gales affecting most of the country yesterday, we were relatively unaffected where I live. The best that the local papers could come up with today was a picture of two girls with their hair blowing about a bit. Hardly the promised armageddon.


However, other parts of the country had trees blown down, houses and cars damaged, major disruptions on the roads and even a wind-turbine catching fire. One girl at my work took over six hours to make her normal 40 minute journey home as a lorry had been blown over on the motorway blocking the carriageway.

Anyway, I had a pleasant evening in front of the fire, and I found out today that they have decided to pay us for the lost half day after all. Definitely a result as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment